Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Premiere for skint people ??? how?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Brando Moves's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I saw an article in the Times back in January about Premiere 6 (was it new then?), saying that all sorts of goodies were bundled with it but even so, it was considerably cheaper than previous versions (my memory suggests about ?150).

    But Adobe?s website says ?540. Surely this isn?t the only way to get it. (If the trial is 70mb, downloading the whole thing off the net would take weeks, surely?)

    Where do I get it cheaper?

    Or is there something as good/better that?s cheap?

    cheers


    ------------------
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Dude, it's never been ?150

    I got mine bundled way back (when it was version 5) with a ?1000 capture card, along with tons or other stuff which takes you mind off the fact you've just been hit for such an amount of money.

    If I recall, the upgrade from 5 to 6 may have cost ?150, and IMHO it was well worth it.

    Anyway, if you don't want to buy it and don't want to download it, then maybe you should think about hiring a dry suite. Once you find out the costs involved you'll soon realise that, if you intend to do any amount of editing, that it's cheaper to run just what you need at home (for off-lining at least)

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Its bundled with a number of cards,
    Pinnacle dv500 ( about 550? ) and the new Pinnacle dv2000 ( about 300? )

    Of course. you could rip it off, but then we'd all feel free to rip of your work too.....



    ------------------
    Grizz:

    Takes aim with new ( patented ) traffic cone gun......

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you've got a capture card, you'll have SOMETHING...

    Try hunting these programs down:

    Zwei-Stein - Video Editor http://www.thugsatbay.com
    Axogon Composer - visual effects http://www.5star-shareware.com/Utili...-composer.html
    The GIMP - graphics editor http://www.gimp.org

    They take a bit of working out, but they are all free, and do pretty much everything you need.

    cheers

    Paul

    ------------------
    BAD EYE - It's finally here! www.curtin-parloe.co.uk/badeye Curtin Parloe 2001

  5. #5
    Pryce
    Guest Pryce's Avatar

    I was just scanning another board and came up with this. I don't know any more than is stated here nor even if it is still for sale.
    HIH
    ******************************************
    MIRO DC30 capture card (MAC) BOXED AS NEW + Premiere & Final cut pro 2. ?250. Tel 07887 840094
    *******************************************

    ------------------
    Pryce
    http://prycejones.com/film/

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brando, I looked at your profile, but your E-mail addy isn't on there.


    If you can drop me an E-mail at the addy below, I will tell you how to get premier cheaper that ?540...



    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Brando Moves's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info, guys. I didn?t mean I wouldn?t download it, just seems like a difficult way to go about it. I?m not that keen on ripping it off. I reckon getting it in a bundle with other things is the answer ? Pinnacle DV200 has it in full.

    Littlerich ? sorry I hadn?t got that totally sorted, I?ve been reading for months but actually registered not that long. Thanks for the offer!



    ------------------
    [email protected]

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Final Draft like Premier and many other programs has an Auto Save function.

    Use it.

    Who needs the stress.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2001
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how about Final Draft

    anyone knwo where i might get a 'cheap' copy of that.....one that saves and doesnt help me feck up 4hr of script by ignoring the 'are you sure - i havent saved this precious work youve been hammering away at ;-)'

    ------------------
    Grizz:

    Takes aim with new ( patented ) traffic cone gun......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •